Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Portland In Review

I am finally finding some time to put together the images I took from my trip to Portland last weekend. It was a great trip and I really loved Portland all around. It has such a fun vibe, and I really liked the artistic presence I felt. I am already wanting to go back soon and explore some more. Here is a bit more from my trip, and more to come later this week...


The trip started off with a big 'ole welcome to Oregon, it was followed by trips to Salt & Straw, Cacao for some extremely tasty hot cocoa, and a stop to the Rose Test Garden which was still blooming!


Portland, I agree. You do rule. This is a swatch of the wallpaper from our beautiful room at Kimpton's Monaco Hotel, did you know Portland is the city of roses?, this was stop on the way home in Hood River where the water was much calmer than expected.


There are an endless amount of trees in Oregon, here's another shot from the Rose Test Garden, I must have eaten {at least} 5 pounds of chocolate on my trip- and I am not complaining one bit!, the beautiful green jeweled tiles in our bathroom at the Monaco Hotel. 


If you need a reminder of how small the world actually is- we happened to run into two old friends from Maui in Whole Foods... we ended up seeing Chasing Mavericks with them, another shot of the colorful roses from the Rose Test Garden, we stopped by Dakine's offices in Hood River but sadly they were not open because it was Sunday, Portland has the best farmer's market I have ever been to... If I lived there I would go every Saturday


More chocolate- a pumpkin truffle from Moonstruck Chocolates, my sister climbing the rocks in Hood River, we saw Chasing Mavericks at the Living Room Theaters which has super comfy seats, we walked up to the bridge overpass at Multnomah Falls and it felt like walking through a car wash


I had no idea Full Sail was from Hood River. They were open but since I am gluten free beer is out, I am always on the lookout for stars to guide the way, another shot from Mulnomah Falls, we spotted a giant T.Rex on the drive up- it wasn't even a question, we had to stop!

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Looks like it was an amazing trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me want to pack my bags and head up the coast!

    ReplyDelete