Friday, January 25, 2013

Boats & Chocolate

Boats and chocolate seem to go hand in hand in the world...

When a friend was getting married and trying to save money, I offered to make chocolate boat lollipops to help with the nautical themed affair- a task that proved challenging, to say the least. Somehow after all that work, they were forgotten under a table still in the bags I brought them in. In an attempt to not have them be a complete fail, we started passing them out on the dance floor to the remaining guests. I remember laughing so hard as we asked each guest if they wanted a "chocolate schooner".

Maybe that's why when I came across Dick Taylor chocolate I was already a fan... ex- boat builders turn chocolate makers? I'm down. Luckily, the only place they are sold in San Francisco is in my old neighborhood, so I stopped by immediately and bought a bunch. I passed them out to family and friends when I was home in New York for the holidays, and they were a hit! It is very hard to find chocolate without emulsifiers like soy lecithin, {which I try to avoid} so it is nice to know Dick Taylor uses only the best ingredients. These were my favorites...

1 comment:

  1. Yum!! I am always on the search for real chocolate. Looks amazing have to give em a whirl!

    ReplyDelete