Monday, August 6, 2012

A Year Later...

I can't believe one year ago I was trucking it across the beautiful U.S. of A. Sometimes it feels like it was so long ago, and others, like it was just yesterday. SO many dramatic, life changing events have happened in this past year. I NEVER thought I would be living in San Francisco- yet here I am, and for the moment it feels like the right place for me. I learned so many important life lessons that I don't think I would have learned if I didn't put myself in the position of being transplanted across the country {basically} all by myself.

I learned that the world has many beautiful things to offer, and you have to make it a point to see as many of them as you possibly can. I never tired of driving... even after two weeks of zig zagging across the country, I would do it again in a heartbeat. I know I must one day have a house with some property so I can own llamas, and maybe a mini donkey {or four}. I learned that KOA {Kampgrounds of America} is a definite viable option for traveling across the country, and that Palm Springs is not only HOT, but a very cool place that I would like to explore more- especially if it means another stay at the Ace Hotel. I learned that my car {Benny} is a force to be reckoned with... he is such a trooper and I really love him for being super reliable. The sun in California is unbelievable- it's so strong and sets the stage with some unbelievable lighting for pictures. But most importantly, I think I learned that even if things feel out of control and frightening they always work out... even in ways you could have never imagined- there are no coincidences. I can only hope the next year of my life is just as thrilling!


1 comment:

  1. Great post! Love the pics and I'm ret to drive whenever you are : )

    ReplyDelete