Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Things That Make You Go Hmmm

Recently, I have been running into quite a few moments of sheer randomness. Moments where you know there is something much larger than yourself at work sending you small signs- you just have to be aware enough to notice them...

Such moments of coincidence have included: grabbing the last peach Snapple at the store, finding ten dollars on the ground after I had not been working for two months, a Craigslist search for a scooter where I actually knew the person selling it, and this Talking Heads song, that I have been obsessed with lately, coming on at the dentist's office while I was in the chair {I actually made the dentist stop and turn it up so I could revel in the total randomness of the moment}.

Do you ever have purely serendipitous moments?? I would love to hear...

2 comments:

  1. I don't always recognize serendipitous moments when they happen, but looking back there's been a lot. Like my new manager knowing the last professor I TA'ed for. And posting an ad on Craigslist San Diego that someone found and offered me a room (and an awesome roommate). Life works out. Maybe not how you think it will, but it does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, hindsight is definitely 20/20. I try to make a point to live more in the moment.

    ReplyDelete